Wednesday, 26 December 2007

New Zealand: Queenstown

We flew straight to Queenstown from Auckland in the hope of getting some snowboarding in. We missed it by a week!

We did a 15,000 ft sky dive over Queenstown. The photos are on a CD somewhere, but you'll have to see them later. Martin had a great time, but my jump on the other hand was a bit of a nightmare. First of all I had trouble with my ears and the pressure. Then I couldn't breath very well and was struggling with that. Then my goggles came off and I spent the rest of the free fall trying to pull them back on! The DVD is hilarious!A night out with new friends. We missed going out when we were in South America - it didn't happen much at all! Martin has serious problems with keeping his eyes open when there is a flash!


A night out with new friends.





We missed going out in South America - it only happened about 3 times. So we had a great time in Queenstown.










I loved the way the clouds had formed in these pics!

















The site of the Nevis Bungy - 134m. All of it is set up for fear!






The guy didn't tighten my leg straps of hook me in to the cable car. I was a bit worried after the sky dive performance.









Martin - less nervous than I was.














The canyon.









In the cable car (with a mesh floor) on the way to the station for the jump!











The station had lots of areas of glass floors and ledges etc.








Proper evidence that I jumped. Luckily the jump was fine (despite looking like I'm diving into a pool!) - but when I was pulled back up the guy said he had some good news and bad news. They hadn't got the photos I had paid for - so they let me jump again for free! This was my second jump!









Frizbee golf - what a great invention!













Pints at 7am for the rugby final of England and South Africa. The Peru top was the closest thing Martin had to an England one!!









A classy look for the Luge (like an unpowered go cart).






The scenery in Queenstown is stunning. Especially with snow on the fells! We tried to get the ski season, but missed it by a week! Queenstown reminds me a lot of Keswixk - but with bungy jumps and more young people.










The chair lifts up to the Luge.







We went on the Luge late morning and had a little break from the alcohol. It's pretty nippy actually!






Aerial view of Queenstown.






The photo game that we saw someone doing is hilarious - you just go and ask random people if you can have your photo taken with them. We saw an American guy doing it and it is hilarious! Martin managed to get 2 rugby fans together somehow after the game and pose appropriately!






Martin being kicked out by the friendliest bouncer in the world. All a joke of course!







A random in the photo game with Martin and Bee!







Bee and I looking surprisingly well after a full day out. 'Give me my precious!'






Martin at the end of the day and 21 pints later!! His eyes were actually closed because of the flash though!






Our great hostel in Queenstown.

No comments: